A selection of obesity-related resources and research activities supported by NIH and NIDDK is listed below.
- Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery (LABS)
This consortium plans, develops, and conducts bariatric surgery research.
- Nutrition Obesity Research Centers (NORCs)
The centers plan, develop, and conduct nutrition and obesity research.
- Current NIDDK Funding Initiatives
This web page lists all NIDDK funding opportunities, as well as resources and information about NIDDK research funding.
- RePORTER (RePORT Expenditures and Results system)
This system offers data on NIH-funded research activities and allows users to analyze and run reports on this data.
NIH Research Plan and Advisory Groups
- Strategic Plan for NIH Obesity Research
The Strategic Plan guides obesity research across the NIH.
- NIDDK Office of Obesity Research (OOR)
The OOR coordinates NIH obesity research activities.
- NIDDK Clinical Obesity Research Panel (CORP)
The CORP advises NIDDK on research needs related to obesity prevention and treatment.
- Obesity Research Strategic Core (ORSC)
The ORSC brings together obesity research and translational activities from across the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development.
- Look AHEAD (Action for Health in Diabetes)
This ongoing study is examining the long-term effects of reduced food intake, increased physical activity, and the resulting weight loss on the health of people with diabetes.
This website provides information about federally and privately funded clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world.